Saturday, June 6, 2009

Nursery Progress

I've been doing lots of posting this week. Aren't you proud of me? Today, I painted the basecoat. Ugh, did that ever suck! Kilz is very aptly named...that stuff about killed me. I had an elaborate network of fans set up so that the room would be well ventilated but it was around 90 degrees outside today so it was still very hot in there. Even with a small wind tunnel around me the fumes would start to make me light-headed so I would leave the room for a few minutes and take a breather. I used to like to paint but this was not fun at all. Kilz is a bit annoying anyway because it's so thick but to cover up the seams and other weird markings on the wall, I thought it would be a good basecoat. I kind of forgot how much the basecoat paint soaks into the wall...

So between my frequent breaks and the scope of the job, it took all day, but it's done now and looks pretty good. We plan on removing the doors to the closet and the door to the room to paint those so I'll wait until they are gone before I paint that trim, which is why it's not painted. Oh well, it's a labor of love and I can't wait for the room to start to take shape. It should be really cute when it's done. Ok, here are the progress pics:






No comments:

Post a Comment