Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Telling people

I haven't updated in a few days, mostly because I didn't have much to say. I thought I would recount how I told Dan and his parents though.
I told Dan the evening after I found out. I wanted to run my hCG at work and be sure before I told him. I also wanted to tell him in person (of course). I was trying to think of something creative while I was at work. I was thinking of stopping off at Walmart (the only store open when I got off work at 11:30pm) and getting some kind of cute baby thing. Unfortunately I was really busy at work so by the time my shift ended I was dead tired so the thought of going anywhere but directly home was out of the question. Besides, Dan would be almost asleep when I got home anyway. So all I did was come home, kick off my shoes and lay down next to Dan in bed and told him. He was really excited. More so than the first time, I think. Maybe because he knew how much more it meant to me this time. I'm glad I didn't plan some grandiose gesture because the lights were already off in the room anyway.
I told my mom on Wednesday. I also didn't think of anything creative but just told her. She was also really happy for me and recognized this pregnancy as an answered prayer.
This Sunday we told Dan's parents. They call every Sunday so we just waited for them to call us and that way we could both be there for the news. I think this was the closest to creative I got. They asked us what we did that week and I told them that we got some shelves and cleaned out the nursery. They asked if we were going to strip the wallpaper and I said "Yes, and we'll probably just paint a base coat and wait another 20 weeks or so until we find out the sex and we can decide then what color to paint it" Fortunately, they got what I was saying and they were also really happy. I haven't gotten the guts to let anyone else know yet just because it was so hard "untelling" people. Hopefully next week's appointment goes well and I can get an u/s soon that will show me a heartbeat. I think after that I will feel comfortable telling more people.

No comments:

Post a Comment